Thursday, November 18, 2010

Time

wow,

I haven't utilized my blog in awhile. Life seems to be getting busy lately. Havent worked on my novel in awhile either. Seems I come home to tired to do much anymore, what a sad state of affairs when I sit on my ass all day at work, when I used to work 10-12 hour days on my feet the whole time running around controlling the chaos, and now I just deal w/ morons and assholes all day instead.

I rather miss my previous profession more and more as time goes by. I never realized it at the time, but for the last 5 years of it, I never woke up in the morning complaining that " I don't want to goto work today " ! I loved what I did, and who I did it with, for the most part. Now, on almost a daily basis, I dread going to work. Part of that is knowing that I'm stuck in a dead end profession with no hope of rescue, and part of it is knowing I'm in a thankless profession where everything is my fault to everyone else.

Due to a recent (in the last few years) medical condition, i no longer am a Chef, I no longer get out to play Paintball w/ Blacklight Company (( http://www.blacklightcompany.org/ )) I don't ski, i don't really do anything that has the possibility of injury to my legs as the consequences of that happening outweigh the joy of those activities on a factor of 100.

So, now, my life is pretty boring, i read still, everyday. I took up the mantle of Vice President for the local area MINI cooper club (( http://www.mini5280.org/ )) which sporadically sucks up huge ammounts of my time. I spend inordinate ammounts of time on internet flash and java based game sites. I gave up WoW, although i consider lightly getting back into it. I've taken up photography, but my only "expert" friend constantly tells me I basically suck, (( although i think thats because I'm not interested in the shit he is )). And i've fallen in love, which is a grand adventure in its own right, so that's enough about that for here.

As for career options, school is out until my car is paid off, another 4 years. My entire job history is restaurant based, so everytime i apply elsewhere, i have to rewrite my resume. every job search engine or site i goto only sends me restaurant jobs... which I can't do since standing up for more then an hour is a no no now. It's fairly frustrating, but at least I'm employed, no matter how pathetically.

here's to you life, you son of a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment